Q & A
If you are new to box breaking and group breaking, here's what you need to know.
- Basics:A group break is generally referred to as a group of individuals buying "slots" to receive potential hits from the break. The slot is usually a certain team, but there are many variations. This is a fun way for collectors to potentially receive hits from the favourite players or teams without purchasing an entire box or case. When we random the names and customers we use dice (random.org). The total of the dice must be 3 or more. If the total is under 3, we will re-roll until we get a number greater than 3. We have rules in place for multi-player cards and other scenarios that may happen as well, please read on below for those rules.
- While most of our breaks have a date and time to be opened, all slots must be sold before we can have the break. If a break does not sell out, we will be forced to push it back and give more time for a sell-out. If after pushing back the start date, there are still open spots we will cancel the break and we can credit your account or issue a refund.
Types of breaks we offer:
- Personal Box or Case Break:Break for one person.
- Group Mixer Break:Multi-box group break.
- Group Case Break: A full, sealed master case of boxes in one break.
- Random Team Breaks:Breaks that consist of multiple individuals paying the same price for a "slot” in the break. All the teams involved in the break will then be randomized live on camera, and matched up next to the individual's name. When you buy into a random team break, you'll know exactly which team you have before the box and case breaking begins. If the box or case has "hits" from your team, you will receive those cards.
- Random Division– Just like a random team break. Only difference is that divisions are used instead of teams. One complete division allocated to each participant.
- Selected Team Breaks:All teams involved in the break would be priced out accordingly. This would be a first come, first served type of break. Each team's price would be determined by the potential hits of that team in that product.
- "We Break it Live" Individual Box and Case Breaks: A customer purchases a box or case from our website for us to break it on camera. The box is opened on camera and is streamed live or uploaded to YouTube after the break depending on the customer's preference.
- For personal break Once your order is placed, you will be contacted to set up a time to break your order.
Recording: Breaks will be streamed live on INSTAGRAM LIVE We will send out an email an hour before we go live. If you cannot make it don't worry we will upload our live recording to both IGTV and Youtube
Watching a Break: All boxes and/or cases will be shown before the break is started. Once the break starts all packs will be removed from the box. As packs are opened cards that are deemed a "hit" will be shown as a close up.
Shipping: All shipping will be completed on Tuesdays. Most group breaks will also have base cards shipped. If we are not sending all base cards, it will be listed in the product features as: BASE CARDS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. All you need to do is email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you want your base cards from the break. All inserts, rookies, memorabilia, and autographs will be shipped. For group breaks all products will be shipped with proper protection (bubble mailer, box, top loader, and/or one-touch). For personal breaks BreaksOfGod will top load only hits. If you would like ALL cards placed in a top loader, there may be additional charges.
ALL SHIPPING WILL BE SHIPPED ON THE FIRST THURSDAY AFTER THE BREAK DAY.
Conduct: Box Breaking is intended to be a fun event and we encourage interaction with the chat feature. Our main goal is to make your hobby experience as enjoyable!
Rules for Multi-Player Cards, Retired Multi-Team Players, etc.
Placement of Card: A card will be awarded to the team that is listed on the front or back of the card, not the jersey they are wearing. If there is no team name on the card, then the card would be awarded to the team of the jersey that is being worn by the player.
Multi-Player Cards: Cards that have multiple players on it will be randomized through random.org at least three times. An individual will receive as many spots as they do players on the card. For example, if a person owns two of the three players then they would receive two spots in the randomization of that card, and the other person would receive the third spot.
Retired or College Players: Certain products have retired, or college players in them. If a retired player is pulled in a specific professional uniform than the card would be awarded to the shown team on the card. If a retired player is pulled in their college uniform the card would go to the team that they played for in the year the product was produced. If a player is retired, and no jersey is worn or team specified, it will go to the team that the player played the most games for. In addition, current professional players in college uniforms would go to the team that they played for in the year the product was produced. (For Example: Trent Richardson in 2012 Upper Deck Exquisite Football would be awarded to the Cleveland Browns). If a player played for a team that no longer exists, it will go to the team that they became.
Teams or situations not listed will be drawn on random.org website in the final video (e.g. special insert card)
Terms & Conditions
By entering a BreaksOfGod Live Box Break, you are either purchasing a "slot" or having a product opened live and shipped to you. In the event of having a team slot that doesn't receive any cards, you will NOT be refunded. When having product opened live for you, you will receive all the cards from the product that is opened.
Whether purchasing a "slot" in a group break or a product to be opened live for you, there will be NO available refunds. By purchasing, you are entering the group or individual product break agreeing to our all sales are FINAL SALES for live breaks, regardless of the outcome of product content.
All dates and times for Live Box Breaks are subject to change